The Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) degree prepares individuals for a career in public service. Alumni work in government and nonprofit agencies to develop and implement public policies and programs. WVU offers the only nationally accredited M.P.A. program in West Virginia.
Recent graduates work in the following:
- City and county management
- Nonprofit management
- Healthcare administration
- Legislative analysts
- Policy and budget analysts
- Community and economic development
- Law enforcement
- University administration
- Public sector consulting
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Government Accountability Office
- West Virginia Office of the Governor
- UMass Memorial Medical Center
- West Virginia Citizens Conservation Corps
- Deloitte Consulting
- United Bank
Program Application RequirementsResume/CV, Statement of Purpose, 2 Letters of recommendation
Program Application Test RequirementsGRE, GMAT, or LSAT (Please see website for waiver exceptions)
Fall DeadlineApril 1
Spring DeadlineOctober 15
Summer DeadlineApril 1
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English language proficiency. WVU accepts either the TOEFL or the IELTS for this purpose. Learn more about our English language proficiency requirements.
WVU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The Master of Public Administration program at West Virginia University is fully accredited by the Commission on Peer Review and Accreditation of the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration.